ACT Prep Workshop 2017
Dates and Times (both are required for the full training):
- Friday, February 24th, 12:00 pm- 5:00 pm
- Friday, March 3rd, 12:00 pm- 5:00 pm
Cost: $99 (Red Bridge Academy Students $75)
Attendance is open to any interested students in grades 9th - 12th. Please register in advance, workshop space is limited.
Workshop Instructors: Mrs Rachel Worcester and Mrs Niki Smith (read their bios here)
The workshop will include:
- Test taking strategies for each of the four test areas.
- A supervised practice test over each section.
- Information on how to analyze test results in order to be strategic and effective with study time.
- Content Instruction in each of the test subjects.
Students need to bring the following:
- Number two pencil for testing
- Act approved calculator- can only be used on the math portion of the test - You may bring any 4 function, scientific or graphing calculator that doesn’t include a built in or downloadable computer algebra system function (Check the requirements at http://www.act.org/ for more information by searching calculator policy.) Scientific Calculators are available from Walmart for $12.
- Notebook for taking notes.
- A water bottle.
Red Bridge Academy will provide:
- A mid-afternoon snack
- A practice test
- A Student Workshop Manual for each student. This will be used on both days of the workshop and can be kept as a study resource for home use.